Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A work in progress...

I am very west coast influenced & I love glass as a medium because of its fragility and clarity. I also have a love affair with the fluid motion of painting. I am interested in split second happenings, moments. They escape you and you can never have that momentain. I am interested in the the possibility of conserving that moment. Making it continue to happen. This is one of my goals as a visual artist. I like tattoos because they can tell a lot about where a person has been and who they are. I am intrigued by absolute femininity being crossed with harsh things. Color makes me feel alive - bright annoying in your face color that forces you to contrast it to the darker morbid side of things. The most common themes in my work are death, gluttony and obsession.

2 comments:

GET RIDICULOUS said...

good plan.

Unknown said...

man, you are so gifted! I would never be able to do any of this!x